Caroline started her work in the arts and cultural sector in 1998, as general dogsbody at Cambridge Drama Centre. She went on to have a career in theatre marketing at Theatre Royal Straford East before moving toward a focus on audience diversity with a research role at sampad. Since then she has worked for a variety of audience development agencies and consultancies, as well as running her own consultancy business.
Caroline Griffin is an experienced consultant specialising in audience development and organisational change in the cultural and creative sector. Over her many years of experience, Caroline has developed a strong reputation in market assessment and analysis, market research, audience development, audience-focused organisational change, developing diverse audiences, digital engagement strategies, stakeholder development, evaluation and market development for creative businesses.
Recent projects include:
- Marketing Consultant for Lichfield Garrick
- Market Analysis for proposed new community venue, ‘The Heart’ Crediton
- Audience development strategy planning for Two Moors Festival,
- Marketing strategy consultant for Theatres Trust, overseeing the development of new marketing, PR and digital strategies and supporting the in-house marketing team.
- Evaluation consultant, Made in Corby, a Creative People & Places project
- Digital strategy development for Birmingham Rep
- Market research consultant for Flatpack Projects, a film development organisation based in Birmingham.
Caroline has extensive experience of working with a range of organisations types, from volunteer-led organisations to major institutions such as the RSC. She specialised in working with organisations without marketing or audience development specialists, and wrote the book This Way Up, commissioned by Arts Council England, which was published inn 2009 and is still in use today.